When I first started this course I felt a little overwhelmed but as it is coming to a close, I realize just how much I have learned about action research. First of all I had no idea what action research really was. Being in this class has taught me how principals figure out ways to solve campus problems while moving their campus and professional learning forward.
As I reflect on this course and the time I have spent I have to mention the creation of my first BLOG. This is an amazing tool. As a teacher in her fifties, I feel I am pretty good with classroom technology, but I have not really looked into blogging before. I love how you can gain insight into the works of other educators dealing with a lot of the same issues you are experiencing at your campus or district.
Reflection is another important skill in leadership I have learned. I finally understand why refection is a must. As a classroom teacher I have automatically reflected on lessons taught, ideas that went well or failed, and the various ways to handle class management given the class I have each year. Now I realize when I become an administrator this refection skill will need to be in place so I will not be a “stagnant” leader. I do not want to be a leader who just puts out fires but a leader that make the changes needed so the fires will not happen in the first place.
Finally, I would really appreciate it if you all would help me, as I go through this process of action research. I need your comments and input,so I can do my best work possible. Thank you, in advance for your comments and I wish you all the best of luck in this and all following courses in this master's program.
No comments:
Post a Comment